My random playlist
Wednesday, March 10th, 2004: I’ve decided to steal RTF’s idea who stole the idea from Murd0c – load my entire mp3 collection into a single playlist, then list the first 10 songs that play, no matter how embarassing they are. My mp3 directory and all it’s folders makes up 7.52 gigs of my hard drive. There’s an 80’s music directory that takes up 1.54 gigs of this space, a 90’s music directory claiming 613 megs, a 2000’s directory using 1.99 gigs and a classical music directory of 323 megs. The 90’s directory is small because I have quite a few full 90’s albums that are kept in separate directories. There are also small directories for Humor, Comedy Skits, Movie/TV Logos, Instrumentals, TV Show Themes, Sound FX and Phone Calls. Anyway, here’s my list. I decided to do 15 instead of 10:
- 1. Eminem & Snoop Dog – Unreleased Freestyle – I probably have a gig of Eminem stuff in my 1990’s directory. I even got the underground shit he did with Skam!
- 2. Weird Al Yankovic – Stop Draggin’ My Car Around – Same with Weird Al, I’ve got everything of his.
- 3. Information Society – Cruel Loving – I hate these guys. I really need to delete this one.
- 4. Good Charolette – Walk By – I downloaded a bunch of Good Charolette after their hit last year. I need to delete most of it.
- 5. Rent Soundtrack – La Vie Boheme B – I downloaded everything from the Rent soundtrack to familiarize myself with the music before I went to see the show.
- 6. 2gether – Visualize – Yeah, this one is a little embarassing. 2gether was a great show though, it’s too bad it’s not on anymore.
- 7. Steve Miller Band – Jet Airliner
- 8. The Jerky Boys – Insulator Job
- 9. Brownsville Station – Martian Boogie – A very unfunny skit from one of my Dr. Demento albums. For some reason his fan base seemed to think that raising the pitch on your voice to make yourself sound like a chipmunk was clever comedy.
- 10. Insane Clown Posse – Ugh, I forgot to type the name of the song. It was something from the Amazing Jekel Brothers CD. And it sucked.
- 11. No Doubt – Just A Girl
- 12. Hewy Lewis & The News – The Heart of Rock N Roll
- 13. Petra – Rose Colored Stained Glass Windows – I’ve always loved Petra’s 80’s music, despite the christian lyrics.
- 14. Jon Bon Jovi – Miracle
- 15. The Beatles – There Are Places I Remember