Books I read in 2007
Books I’ve read in 2007:
- The Umbrella Man – by Roald Dahl
- Ah, Sweet Mystery of Life – by Roald Dahl
- Boy – by Roald Dahl Roald’s childhood biography. Man, schools really beat the hell out of kids back then.
- Going Solo – by Roald Dahl Mostly a bunch of Roald’s personal war stories from WWII. Which, for some reason, I really enjoyed.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – by Roald Dahl I read this one in just one evening.
- Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc – by Sieur Louis De Conte, translated by Mark Twain Somehow I’d never read the story of Joan of Arc in any form before. I’ve never even seen a movie about her, aside from Bill & Ted. This was a great book and she ruled. It was written by a childhood friend of hers who went to war with her and was present at all her trials.
- Cell – by Stephen King: Another one of his “the whole world has ended so me and a small group of people must travel somewhere” books. I really liked it though!
- Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator – by Roald Dahl: This one was stupid. Really stupid. I didn’t even like it a little. Stupid stupid stupid.
- The Mysterious Stranger – by Mark Twain: My favorite Mark Twain story from the past couple years. This is about the fourth time I’ve read this one. It’s short – just 100 pages or so.
- The Prince and the Pauper – by Mark Twain