Below is a year-by-year rundown of how my life has gone so far. Sort of. You can click on the years to view the entire year’s archive. Or you can use the archive options in the left sidebar to get more specific.
- 01/15/2008: Started up a new website – signhacker.com.
- 01/17/2008: The dumpster on my street catches on fire.
- 02/11/2008: Moved my homepage from brad-carter.com to notla.com.
- 02/19/2008: Was accused of being involved in the high-profile kidnapping/murder of Jonbenet Ramsey. (Here’s the PLA writeup on it and then there’s the official Richard Cardo page.)
- 03/27/2008: The kids and I went to Idaho for about a week, then Seattle.
- 03/19/2008: Tricked a lot of people into taking their toasters apart.
- 04/13/2008: Caught up my old friend John Sever.
- 07/__/2008: Spent a couple weeks in Illinois.
- 08/11/2008: Went to Defcon in Las Vegas.
- 08/__/2008: Spent a week in Idaho and the kids rode their first real roller coasters. Then went to PAX in Seattle for the weekend.
- 11/10/2008: Participated in my first Flash Mob.
- Jammie visits Albany and we drive up to Seattle for a few days to see her relatives and be tourists.
- Some completely random girl on Facebook sets up a group for me, honoring my untimely death.
- The kids and I fly to Illinois to see my brother get married.
- Impersonated River Phoenix at a Stand By Me festival.
- The Spessas visited Albany and we drove to Reno for a few days.
- Drove to Idaho and stayed there for about a week.
- Bought a cat! The kids named him Charcoal.
- Started volunteering at the homeless shelter.
- After exactly two years of living on Elm Street, we moved to a new place.
- Visited Jammie in NYC for two weeks.
- Jammie visits Albany a few times.
- I discover that I really like podcasts and start up PLA Radio.
- Spent a few days in Idaho.
- Drove to San Francisco, picked up Jammie and drove back.
- The Spessas visited me and we launched UFOs into the air.
- Spent a few more days in Idaho.
- Flew to Illinois with the kids for Christmas at my parents.
Here’s my rundown of how 2005 went…
- I take the kids back to Oregon after Christmas break, get stranded in the airport all night
- I fear for my life in a college cafeteria
- I spend 3 weeks in Idaho for Spring break.
- Drove to Texas to see my best friend get married. And I re-meet an old friend named Jammie.
- Got to take care of a farm for a week.
- Went to a Galactic Picnic
- Picked up the kids for their summer in Illinois
- Jammie visits for a weekend
- Payton is suddenly over his fear of swimming
- The kids and I spend a week in Philadelphia and New York City
- Took the kids back to Oregon.
- Jammie visits me again.
- I take another trip to New York City.
- I stick an “I heart Satan” bumper sticker on a religious salesperson’s van.
- Tami and I drove to Hannibal, Missouri to visit Mark Twain’s boyhood home.
- Flew to Florida to meet Jammie and some other friends at Universal for Halloween Horror Night.
- After 8 years of living in Illinois, I moved to Oregon.
- Appeared on national television (CNBC) to talk about my anti-Walmart page.
|Emily and Allison||I was throwing away some old computers so I gave them to Emily along with a screwdriver and told her to take them apart.||Payton opening birthday presents at Burger King|
|Mostly a bunch of neighbor kids. And these are just the ones that I could actually get to stand still this day.||After shooting the end of Elephant & Bird, Emily and Tiffany pose for pictures.|
|Meagan and Emily making snow angels||Ryan, Tiffany and Emily||Brianna, Emily and Meagan|
|Emily and her friend Ryan in front of a big shoe, made of shoes at the City Museum.||Payton, approximately 1 year old.||Me with a Pepsi and a cactus while visiting iamone in Chicago.|
|Me and Bonnie||Emily and Payton||EvilCal at a bar with me and Colleen.|
June 1998: Colleen and I got tired of Celina and decided to move to Illinois. We ended up finding a place in Alton. Here are a few random pictures from 1998, mostly all from after we moved…
|Emily’s 2nd birthday|
|Me and Emily in some Ohio caverns|
My entire year of 1997 was spent living in Celina, Ohio with Colleen and Emily. We moved to Celina in November of 1996. Here are a few random pictures…
In September of 1995, Colleen and I moved to Albany, Oregon. Here are a few pictures from Albany, mostly all in 1996…
Around October of 1996, Colleen and I were still living in Albany, Oregon but looking for a few apartments in nearby Corvallis. After awhile, plans changed and we suddenly decided to move out of state. We decided on Celina, Ohio and spent about 5 days driving. We made a pitstop in Illinois to visit my parents and then continued to Ohio.
|Our car at a hotel somewhere, getting ready to leave||Colleen and Emily in a motel||Our Chevy Citation and U-haul. Click on this one to enlarge it and you’ll wonder how we ever made it across the country. Look at the back of the car sag…|
Cincinnati, Ohio & Portland, Oregon
California, Texas, Illinois, Indiana
Missouri, Florida, Galveston, Texas, Hollywood
School and a few jobs
|Accounting class in high school||Me flicking a paper football||Me and other employees playing video games at Cottonwood Cinema (in Glen Carbon, IL)||Chris & I at Cottonwood Cinema||Me and a few other employees at Alton Cine|
|Me and a couple house painting co-workers in my car/home||Me at the Seawall Circle K in Galveston, TX||On the phone at Circle K in League City, TX||“Working” at the League City Circle K|
|Me and Bobby||Me and Cleo||Bobby running alongside my 1979 Dodge Colt|